Today is my wife Shellie's birthday. Here are 5 reasons I love her.
- Shellie is extremely observant of other people and the way that they are feeling. She can tell if someone is upset, happy, sad, angry, or offended without anyone saying a single word. Because she is so observant, she is always the first person to talk to someone in need of a friend, and helps people feel validated on a regular basis. As her husband, I have been benefited numerous times from this incredible talent.
- When it comes to being trustworthy, responsible, and dependable, there is no one greater than Shellie. If she says she will be there, she will be there. If she says she will do something, she'll do it. She's like working with someone who you know will get the job correctly, so you don't have to worry about them messing up.
- Shellie is a very selfless person. If you were to write down her activities daily, you would notice that on any given day, there are multiple things planned in helping other people. She does so without making the served feel like they are an inconvenience. She is always "just happy to help." I have a lot to learn from her in this regard.
- Due to the previous 3 qualities, Shellie is an excellent Mom to the Oball. He knows how to communicate with her, even though he pronounces things like "helicopter" as "caw ca caw." She knows when he is thirsty, she knows when he is in pain. Sometimes I don't know what to do to help him, and then Shellie shows up and knows exactly why he is fussy. I really respect and appreciate her ability to communicate with Owen on a very abstract level.
- When it's all said and done, Shellie is my best friend. We go through the daily grind together. We enjoy successes and suffer loses together. She forgives me of my weaknesses, and provides me with comfort when things are overwhelming me. She supports me in everything I do, no matter what.


3 comments:
Joey, One of your greatest strengths is how well you describe other people and how accurate you are.
She is a wonderful and loving person.
Love, Mom
Shellie makes everyone feel as if they are the most important person around at the moment. Her true love of life and others simply radiates. I love doing things for her because she is so appreciative and returns it in spades. Years ago, when I was teaching a Sunday School class with Shellie as a student, I somehow sensed I would get to know her a lot better. Now I know the rest of the story! Shellie, thanks for being a great member of the family, a great wife to Joey, and a terrific mother.
Love, Ted
Well, I am only two weeks late with this comment, but I hope better late than never.
Happy Birthday, Shellie. Largely because of all the nice things Joey mentioned, I feel that you and I hit it off from the very start. You have a wonderful ability to empathize with people, and to understand almost innately how to relate to them. I really love you. So glad to have you in my life!
Post a Comment